Thursday, November 12, 2009

Shoes

Remember when I said I wasn't your average girl?  This "unusual" behavior extends to my shoes collection, if it can even be called that, as well.  There are really only seven pairs of shoes I routinely wear.  I perfer comfort over fashion.  Which is why I don't have a single pair of high heels in my closet.  I'm already 5' 10", is there really a need to make me taller at the expense of hurting feet?  I think not. 

In thinking about this rediculous post, I thought it would be embarrassing fun to have illustrations along the way.   If nothing else, you have proof when you turn me into "What Not To Wear".  My sister always says, "Stacy and Clinton would NOT approve!"  Let's start the runway show, shall we?  (I've been watching a lot of "Project Runway"):



 
I call these my "wedding shoes", because quite obviously, I wear them to all the summer weddings.  I got them at PayLess quite a few years ago (like 10+) and they are rediculously comfortable!  I've gotten many compliments over the years; perhaps people were being nice and didn't know what to say?  haha  However, as you can tell, I think it might be time to retire these.  I know my Mom will be happy! 





I prefer not to spend a lot of money on shoes, though for as long as I keep them, perhaps I should invest a little more into the cause?  I got these at DSW about five or so years ago.  I paid more than I wanted to for these, however they are Tommy Hilfiger so I knew I was paying for the brand name.  They were scavenged from the "dot" section which made me feel better.  But this is really the only "dressy" shoe I own.  I know, it's sad.  Admittance is the first step right?  At least, I'm aware of my problem!  :)


 

Back when Birkenstocks were realy popular (late 90's), there was no way I could afford a pair (let alone now), so I found a cheaper solution!  Land's End offered essentially the same shoe but for only $24.95 (if I remember correctly).  Sounded like a great deal to me!  Well, here it is, more than a decade later and these sandals are still going strong!  Very comfortable and maybe even a little stylish?  You be the judge.


 

My friend MHH first introduced these lovely gems to me a while ago!  They are Mush flip flops from Teva.  Trust me, they are THE most comfortable pair of shoes you'll ever own!  (Isn't that right, KP?)  Because they are so mushy (no pun intended), they will wear out quicker, but they are worth every penny!  Let your fingers do the walking right to Teva! (or click that link)


 

We've come to my controversial pair of shoes... CROCS.  Yes, they are ugly, but boy are they comfortable!  These shoes have been ALL over the place!  They've even been all over the streets of Seattle, Washington and my feet NEVER hurt!  Ever.  What other shoe can offer such enticing promises?  Do you currently own a pair like that??  Please let me know!




You've heard me refer to my "tooting" shoes before?  Well, here they are!  I actually bought these specifically to wear when I work out at the YMCA, but I wear them now to work as well.  (Yay for getting to wear whatever I want to work!)  Tennis shoes are one of the only shoes I will pay more for - though you'd think with them being so expensive they'd be more comfortable!  Just sayin'! 



Now that you know my past history, how about a look into my future?  I've been wanting slippers for a while now but never found any that I really liked, for the price I wanted to pay.  I found these at Old Navy recently.  I read all the reviews and figured I'd give them a try.  They arrived yesterday!  From the moment I slid my feet in, they were so cozy and comfy.  My feet were sad to leave them when it was time for bed.

I recently bought this pair from Land's End for what I consider to be a good deal ($24.95).  I'm hoping they are comfortable.  (I know I keep saying that word, but it's so important!) 

These look sporty yet functional.  I've been looking at shoes like these for a few years now, but they've always been too expensive!  However, lovely Land's End has them on sale right now for $19.99.  Plus, there's an offer for FREE shipping (no minimum purchase) until November 17th -- Code: EVERGREEN; PIN: 2425.

Thus concludes my silly post about shoes.  I hope you've enjoyed the "runway show".  Seriously, please comment if you are currently wearing comfy shoes!  :)  Please share!

No comments: