Monday, November 9, 2009

No-Bake Cookies

Wanna know a not-so-secret, secret?

Would you like to have a "famous" Quintana recipe?  This is one of our favorites and I thought I'd share it with you!  This used to be my "go-to" recipe to bring to functions, but for some unknown reason, I'm COMPLETELY incapable of yielding a positive outcome on these cookies anymore!  I don't understand.  I know I've followed the reciped correctly.  (I realize I do have trouble with that somtimes. ha)  They are either over-cooked or under-cooked, never (rarely) just right!  So, I hope you have better success!  Please let me know how they turn out for you!


No-Bake Cookies
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Cups Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
4 Tablespoons Cocoa
2 Cups Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
Optional: 1/2 Cup Coconut and/or Raisins (personally, I leave both of these out!)

First, lay out a sheet of wax paper on counter top (usually about the length of your arm).  Second, boil together: milk, sugar, butter and cocoa until thickened, usually about 5 minutes.  Third, remove from heat and add oatmeal and peanut butter.  (I find it best to stir near or in the sink, as it can be messy.)  finally, quickly drop spoonfuls onto wax paper before mixture hardens.  Typically cookies will set up within a few minutes.


I was going to include a picture to be like REAL SIMPLE, but I quickly realized so matter how I arranged the cookies, they just looked like a pile of poop.  :)

No comments: