Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day

Today is Labor Day. Yeah, no work! Though, ironically, I did nothing but work today. That is, after I woke up without my alarm clock, around noon! Noon! Can you believe it? I haven't done that in forever! I wanted to have a fun adventure, but all I ended up doing was household chores! I did...
  • Four loads of laundry
  • Vacuumed the upstairs
  • Watched some US Open
  • Cleaned/disenfected the kitchen
  • Waxed the hardwood/kitchen floors
  • Watched "White Oleander"
  • Took out the trash
  • Disenfected the inside trash can
  • "Shimmied" the TV to try to get a better reception (that involved a ladder and praying that my gaurdian angel would look over me)
  • Watched Oprah for the first time in forever
  • Folded all the clean laundry
  • Mowed the back yard
  • Watered what I believe to be dying plants, but hopefully there's still some life in them
  • Had pity on the neighborhood cat and gave her a can of tuna
  • Watched a few episodes of "Dirty Jobs"
  • Took an unscheduled nap on the couch

Which, pretty much leads me to now.... it was a good day. I got a ton accomplished!! I'm tired and a little sore, which honestly is a great feeling! I'm really not looking forward to waking up and heading into work, but such is life. I actually left a pile of work under my desk to deal with when I got home. Oy!!

No comments: