Monday, August 18, 2008

My Ambition In Life Is To

Written for a free write assignment in English class. I just started to write, and this is what came out. Reminding me once again of my real job here on Earth. ~ January 23, 2002


My ambition in life is to, first and foremost, follow God’s will. Though, figuring that out is have the fun. Someday, if God blesses me with a husband and children, I would love to be a stay-at-home wife and mother. After watching my mom for the past 24 years, that is who I want to be. I also want to design web pages for Christian organizations. I would love to be able to someday, work from home. So, I could be there for my family if they needed me.

I think ambition is something that carries me throughout life. Without it, I would have no drive or will to succeed. When I was younger, I wanted to be the one to kick the kick ball the farthest, so I could get all the runners home safely. At that age, it was a real ambition; one that I could see and reach. Although, now I look back and I just smile. As I grew and matured, my ambitions became bigger. They grew from child-like dreams to, hopefully one day, grown-up realities. I often struggle with what I want my ambitions to be, and what God really wants for me. Are all my motives selfish? Are they the best for me? I often wonder.

I often wonder about the things that I do. How do they affect the people I know? I often wonder if the things I aspire to do, will make a difference in people’s lives. I know that I will, and I know that I have. This weekend is the direct proof that I do indeed make a difference. One poem could quite possibly change the lives of strangers for eternity. It’s true; people really do hang on the verge. How selfish of me not to realize this more often. I get so caught up in the things I want to accomplish, that often it becomes hard to stop and think about others. I am not here for me. I am here to serve my Creator, by winning souls for Him. That is what my ambition should be. That’s all I should ever care about. How dare I forget that!

No comments: