Thursday, August 30, 2007

Meteorological Phenomena

I took this last night while driving... actually, for once, I was sitting still at a red light. Can you see there are two rainbows?!?

Whenever I see a rainbow, it not only reminds me of God's promises, but also I remember the day, several years ago now, when I was in Seattle. I was going through a really hard time and I had just finished telling my friend, Christy, that I'd never seen a "full" rainbow. She stopped me mid-sentence and said, "Mer, look up". And there in the sky was a FULL rainbow!!!! God doesn't always answer me immediately like that, but I think He knew I really needed the encouragement that day!!

I just looked this up on Wikipedia, "Rainbows are optical and meteorological phenomena that cause a spectrum of light to appear in the sky when the Sun shines onto droplets of moisture in the Earth's atmosphere. They take the form of a multicoloured arc, with red on the outer part of the arch and violet on the inner section of the arch. More rarely, a double rainbow is seen, which includes a second, fainter arc with colours in the opposite order, that is, with violet on the outside and red on the inside." Isn't that amazing?!?

Want to learn more about rainbows?? Click HERE.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

That's so cool! This summer Mark and I were coming into New Orleans and saw a huge vivid rainbow over the city. He said ,you know, somebody from the city council should be out here taking a picture for the Bring-back-New-Orleans campaign!

Poet4Him77 said...

Thanks! I love taking pictures of nature! God's given me an eye for it. Someday, I think it'd be fun to create a coffee table book full of pictures, Bible verses and perhaps some of my poetry as well.

Did you and your husband stop and take a picture of that New Orleans rainbow?