Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"Get busy living or get busy dying."

I've never been very good at keeping up with a blog... but I have a lot of thoughts rolling around in my head and I figure, if nothing else, at least I'll get them out. Perhaps others might even be entertained by the seemingly endless crazy things which happen to me. Or maybe something I ramble on about, might actually make sense to someone and they'll be encouraged by it.

Today, a good friend of mine reminded me of a dream I once had. I'd gotten so busy being busy that I completely forgot about it. She, by God's leading, I believe, helped reawaken that dream. God has given me several passions but this particular dream encompasses three! Can you imagine the possibilities?!?! You see, I've always wanted to write a book. What I'm to say in said book? I don't know. I have a unique way of looking at the world, and I honestly believe God can use me in this way.

Have you ever seen "Shawshank Redemption"? It's a great movie! Though, in good conscious, I can't actually recommend the movie, as I believe it's rated R. But man, do I love this movie. :) If you cut out all the "R" material, there's a lot of truth there. One of my favorite quotes comes from Red, talking to Andy about what to do with his life, he says, "Get busy living or get busy dying". In a totally different context, Paul talks about this in the Bible too, "...to live is Christ, and to die is gain..." See that? Paul had eternal perspective. If only we all could live our lives with this same intensity, what would the world look like? What would change?

Where was I, oh yes, dreams. I believe that God has destined each one of us to fulfill a specific moment in History which no one can do, but you. If you feel God tugging you in a certain direction, follow the "rabbit" and see where God takes you. I heard recently that God gives us God sized dreams so that others will see Him in it, not us. I pray you too will get a revelation as to a dream in your life. Never give up hope. God's always with you, always working.

My pastor told a story this past Sunday about a preacher in another country. This pastor felt God calling him to give up his really expensive watch to a man in the audience. This man struggled with what to do. He didn't understand why God would ask him to give away this prized posession. (To make a long story short.) This man obeyed God. The man in the audience traded his watch with this pastor. On the home, the pastor and his team was ambushed by rebel soldiers and many were wounded. Upon arrival at the hospital, the Dr.'s told him, if not for the watch, he'd be dead. You see, a stray bullet hit that watch and saved that pastor's life. What he thought was just a lesson on humility and pride, was actually a tool to save his life. So, you see, you never know what God is up to. Be encouraged!!

No comments: