Monday, January 26, 2009

The Woes of Reorganizing

Why oh why do these things always happen to me?

I was inspired to do some organizing tonight. I have a box in my pantry that I put all my important papers in (bank statements and paid bills and such). Well the box was getting out of control and I couldn't stand the mess anymore. I bravely pulled it out and brought it to the den. I got my file folder out and started putting things in their correct slots. Not necessarily caring about the order, just so they were in the right spot.

I really should have taken a "before" picture (it was a sight to behold) and actually thought about it, but I didn't expect to get as much done as I did. While I organized, I was watching/listening to NCIS (which I've never seen before and now must rent all past seasons on Netflix) and Jon & Kate Plus 8. Finally after around two hours (and I didn't completely finish), this is the finished product!




There are 24 different categories... each containing something vital. At one point, they were alphabetized, but then I kept leaving different items out and got tired of redoing things. Wayyy to anal for my own good. So there's everything from AT&T to recipes I want to someday make. Isn't it pretty?!

I double-check that the latch, was well latched before I pick it up by the handle. I even do a few shakes up and down and it seemed really secure. But on my way to it's stow zone, the unthinkable happened...

My first reaction? I yelled, some might call it a scream, "CRAPPPPPPPP!" While I realize that's not a very lady-like thing to say, it just fell out. I'm actually trying to curve myself of that word, as little ears (Grant) likes to repeat what people say. I was really ready to be done, but I decided to persevere and finish the job strong. Plus by this point, I knew I'd be sharing my "adventure" with you now. I semi-calmly sat down and reorganized everything.


It was then that I realized the poor thing succumbed to too much weight and folded under the pressure.... actually, the side seams ripped. I guess I need a better way to keep everything organized. Ideally, I'd like a file cabinet. Hmm. I'll have to look into that.

No comments: