Monday, January 12, 2009

Here's the Church, Here's the Steeple, Open it up and see all the people

What a busy life I lead. I've been meaning to write for weeks, but alas, life just got in the way. Honestly, that's not a bad excuse. Much better than "I just didn't feel like it" or perhaps "I was too tired", but no, I was just busy living life. It wasn't that long ago when I literally lived behind the camera's lens. I don't think I necessarily missed out on life, but I didn't experience things first hand. Well, I did, but not in the way that actually puts me in my story; rather than capturing what others are doing. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE to take pictures, but perhaps, I now know when it's time to become a part of life.

Christmas was great. I was off from work and hanging out with family. Ever since Grant entered the world, we rarely watch TV when he's around. At first, we just marveled at him. Last year we watched him toddle all around the house. This year, I RAN after him. I think one of his favorite things to do at Grandmother and Pops' house is to run in circles... through the: kitchen, den, sun room, hallway and start all over again. I'll say "Ready, Set, Go!" and we both take off. I love that kid. I marvel at the way he changes from week to week. Recently, he's begun to pretend; which is too cute. The boy LOVES McDonald's french fries, so it's only natural that he'd pretend to have a McDonald's restaurant as well. We ate many hamburgers, fries, apple pies and chocolate milkshakes. Pretend, of course. I asked my sister once, "Do you want a small or regular?" "Since it's pretend, I want a super-sized-size. Why not?" she said. Why not indeed.

Seems to me there's a bit of life application there in this story. Maybe I'm reaching, I don't know. And of course, I was going to talk about completely other things than I actually am, but you should be used to my random tangents by now. I'll get back to McDonald's, but first I wanted to share something with you, my readers. (I found out today I have six readers, which let me just pause and say, "woohoo!") But I never know who might stumble upon my site. My blog is listed many places, so you just never know. Which is why I think it's completely necessary to be completely real. Why pretend?

I'm both ashamed and proud by what I'm about to say. I went to church on Sunday. Are you asking yourself why I'm both ashamed and proud? Well, I honestly can't remember the last time I went. No judgements, please. It's not that I don't have a good church home, because I do. I LOVE Church of the Highlands! It took me so long to find a church that fit me, so I don't take that lightly. This past year.... was.... I don't know how to describe it. I went through a lot, internally. I figured out a way through many of my fears and although I should have run to my church; instead I tried to do it on my own. Which, we all know that doesn't work out so well. But regardless of my reasoning's for not going, that's done with.

I walked into church and immediately my Spirit whispered, "Welcome, home. What took you so long to come back?" I unfortunately missed the praise and worship - who knew it would take 25 minutes just to get TO the parking lot!!! Wow, the word has gotten out about Highlands and people's lives are changing!! It was packed! Four services on Sunday alone.

I was blessed enough to sit close by to a man who gave his heart to Jesus on Sunday. I heard his husky whisper as he spoke the prayer from behind me and immediately started to tear up. In all the years I've attended Highlands, never has one Sunday gone by without someones lives being changed; mine included.

I just reread what I've written this far and now, have no idea where I was going with the McDonald's analogy! I should have ran with it while it was still fresh in my head. Oh well. I guess I had other things to share instead. Just know that I never claim to be perfect or have all the answers; quite the opposite is true. But I know one thing:

I know that my Redeemer lives
And now I stand on what He did
My Saviour, my Saviour lives
Every day a brand new chance to say"
Jesus, You are the only way"
My Saviour, my Saviour lives

No comments: