Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Things

1. I only have a home phone for my security system. I only have that because I get a discount on my home owner's insurance. So, if you want to actually reach me on the phone, call my cell.

2. I lived in Germany when I was little so I can't give blood now (mad cow disease and all).

3. I love to play almost any game, that is, except Cramium.

4. I can remember all sorts of random trivia but have trouble remembering useful everyday information.

5. I like to organize, especially at work, though it doesn't often translate to the house.

6. I've always wanted to write a book. I recently fulfilled my dream, check it out: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/476603

7. Now that my nephew is speaking, I'm continually amazed by the things he comes up with! (My sister told him the other day she had to go on a tiny trip but would be back the next day. He said, are you going in a tiny car too.)

8. My sister has become one of my favorite people! We always have so much fun together; usually laughing until we cry!

9. I absolutely LOVE my body flow class at the YMCA! It kicks my rear every time, but I feel so strong and relaxed after.

10. I'm teaching myself to jog. I decided I needed more of a challenge in the cardio room; boy did I get one.

11. God gave me a unique and creative view on life, which reflects itself most in the pictures I take. I think my next book project will be totally pictures I've taken.

12. I'm stealing one from my sister: I'm happy for the benefits that the Air Force afforded our family but wish I had a place to call home/a decent answer when people ask where I'm from.

13. I'm adventurous in the kitchen. I like to experiment and create dishes; sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't.

14. Speaking of adventurous. I want to: skydive, bungy jump and parasail just to name a few.

15. I went on a mission trip to Novosibirsk, Siberia the summer after I graduated high school.

16. Someday I'd like to visit: Ireland, Australia, Scotland and New Zealand, just to name a few.

17. I love to read. I just finished the Twilight series, around 2800 total pages, in just under two weeks.

18. I've always been a picky eater, but recently I've been trying new things... like tomatoes, only thinly sliced and hot though.

19. Whenever I'm reading a magazine and a recipe looks good, I'll tear it out in hopes that I might make it one day. But somehow, they just end up in a pile of "to be filed" and nothing much happens. I need to work on that.

20. While on a mission trip to Seattle, WA, I jumped feet first into the hotel's swimming pool. I didn't stop to check how deep the pool was.... 5ft. I'm 5' 10". Immediately, I heard a loud "pop" under the water and knew that I'd broken something. I actually only fractured my ankle.

21. I'm pretty accident prone. I play hard and often get hurt.

22. When I was little, I wanted to be a mommy and a teacher... Neither of those have panned out, so I'm finding new dreams.

23. Perhaps I'm over thinking my answers, but this is taking me entirely too long to fill out. I think it's just that I've filled out a few of these over the years and wanted some new and exciting things that you might not know about me. Ok, this didn't count as a random fact....

23. I've always struggled with depression and my self-confidence, but through God's healing and me becoming a Y addict, both of those have drastically changed.

24. I have A.D.D., so I'm just naturally a pretty random person.

25. If I could afford it, I'd drink a non-fat peppermint mocha fom Starbucks every morning on the way to work. Yum!!

2 comments:

~Amanda~ said...

I'm soo with you on #19.

Poet4Him77 said...

Haha Yeah, I think it's a universal problem. Except maybe for my sister. Who actually organizes her recipes and makes new things. Show off!