Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I love fall!

Today, while running an errand, I had the pleasure to drive down one of my favorite roads. It's this little stretch, where the trees completely cover the road and make a canopy. It almost feels as though you're entering into another world, where imaginations rule the land. It was beautiful outside today in Alabama... although quite warm for October at 90+ degrees!! But that didn't stop me, I had the windows down, listening to Jennifer Knapp's "Trinity" and singing at the top of my lungs. I love this time of year. I love fall. I love the changing of the leaves. I love the crisp weather (which I assume will eventually get here.) I love the 'smokey' smell in the air. I love the way, when the leaves fall from the trees, it's as though they "rain" down upon me. I love the new season. It's just a great time of year. Finally things cool off and the world seemingly comes alive. Many of my happy memories as a child occured during Fall... Like spending a lot of energy to rake leaves, then take a flying leap into them! Feeling the rush of cool breeze on my face as I gain speed, then the crunch and crinkle as my body crashes upon those dried leaves! What about you... what do you like best about Fall? Please share with me!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Meredith-

I love to finally be able to turn off the a/c and open all the windows for a fresh cool breeze.

I love the sound of the rustling leaves that are piling up on my patio as I type. -although raking them is not quite as much fun!

And finally, I love napping on the couch while Mark watches a football game - I think football games on TV are a wonderful sound machine for a cozy nap!

Poet4Him77 said...

Those are awesome fall "loves"! Looks like we might get cooler weather this weekend, maybe you can do all three! :)