Thursday, February 12, 2009

Whirl Wind

It's been an interesting month thus far. Sorry I've been so quiet in blog-sphere. I just have to process things internally before I can even hope to make any rational sense of them. Here's just a taste of what's going on in my life right now:
  1. I've begun training for a 5K run. (I mentioned it in my previous post.) It honestly freaks me out and kinda overwhelms me to think about the end, but I'm up for the challenge. I hope I can do it. I want to do it and that's usually all the motivation I need; my simple stubborn and strong-willed self. Each time I walk into the cardio room at the Y, I have to mentally prepare myself to accomplish the goal. I honestly psych myself up all day, getting ready to go for it. I LOVE the runner's high, even if I'm not officially running yet. It makes me so proud of myself!
  2. I had to say goodbye to a 13 year friendship. I'm not going to go into any of the details here to protect those involved, but it was a long time coming. When I was having the conversation, I was honestly surprised by how calm I was (a peace that passes all understanding). God's been trying to get me to let go for a really long time, but I kept giving it to Him, then picking it back up again. This time, it's for good. I know that and have accepted it. Part of me mourns, but the rest of me knows this is a good thing. Bottom line: I deserve better.
  3. God dropped a new job into my lap. I certainly wasn't looking for it and that's usually the time God moves in my life. I've done a lot of thinking and praying and receiving wise counsel from my parents/friends and I honestly believe this is right choice for me. I'm going to work for a friend of my parents. He sells magnets all over the world; does educational classes; had instructional videos on YouTube -- look up "Super Magnet Man" on Google and you'll find him. I'll be doing office type work, but there's potential to help him do website work and video editing. It's all been very sudden, but God's been in all the details from the very beginning. Plus, I'll be making about 60% more than what I'm making now. :)

How can you help? PLEASE PRAY! Pray for me... for strength, energy, determination, peace and whatever it takes for me not to get so stressed out. Also, please pray that we're able to find someone to replace me at work. There are many details left to iron out...

2 comments:

~Amanda~ said...

You go girl on the 5k run!! You can do it! I'm sorry for your loss of friendship but God tells us there is a season for everything and sometimes, I believe that includes friendships. It's sad but God's in control. Congrats on the new job...how exciting! Everything including all the details will work out. He has a great plan for you if you stay in His will and it sounds like you are! :)

Poet4Him77 said...

Hey Amanda, sorry it's taken me so long to come back and comment. I'm hoping my body doesn't revolt on the 5k run. I did learn that I can't listen to Christian music; funnily enough, it doesn't give me the same "umpf" (sound that one out) like my "I Am Jason Bourne" mix. haha

There are seasons of friendships. I jut wish it wasn't necessary to let go of some.

Thanks for your congrats! I know it seems like a crazy time to be switching jobs during this economy, but it just seems like the right thing to do. I'm eager to start my new job, but we just have to find someone to take my place. Be praying!!