Wednesday, March 12, 2008

On the positive side...

Don't you know that when your day starts out with "fat pants", it doesn't bode well for the day ahead. Yes, I could have squeezed myself into some others, but frankly, I enjoy breathing. All day long, I'm constantly pulling these up. It's hard when you're in between sizes. Oy.

On the positive side, when my tax refund comes in (which is a miracle in and of itself), I can buy new tennis shoes and a membership to the Y and never see my "fat pants again.

My new theme at work is, "Second verse, same as the first". Which regardless of the day I'm having, that always makes me at least smile, but usually laugh. I'm really struggling to remind myself I really can do all things through Him who gives me strength. And He's made perfect through my weakness.

On the positive side, I can't control what goes on around me, I can only control how I react to it. So, I'm really trying.

Last night I picked up a book I haven't read in a while, "Coming Up For Air" by Margaret Becker. She's honestly one of my all time favorite authors. I think, in Heaven, she and I will sit down to some coffee and just talk about life. I'm utterly amazed how encouraging this woman is in my life. As I read her words, tears of relief streamed down my face! Thank God I'm not the only one who feels this way! It's like, she gave a voice to the things I'd only been thinking about. I'm so thankful she continues to be so brave to write about her heart.

On the positive side, "These are the things I consider as I see my future. I need love. I need forgiveness. I need kindness. I need humor. I need to belong. And I need to be able to give those things to others. This is what makes me feel alive." Her words reminded me that I haven't set my standards too high.

I've had a wee set back on my book. I've decided to turn it into more of a devotional book, with chapters/themes instead of one lump sums of years and such. In the long run, this will be an excellent decision. Right now, I'm pretty frustrated by it. I felt like I had accomplished so much and wasn't that far from completion.... and now, I feel really overwhelmed by this project. I've had to step back from it for about a week and remember why it is I wanted to do this in the first place. I still need help though. Anyone interested?

On the positive side, I know the finished product will bring so much honor and glory to my Father, not only because of the content, but because I really did it to the best of my ability. And, I'll check off another "life goal".

I made dinner tonight, no frozen stuff for me tonight. No sirree. Unfortunately, the casserole took at least 90 minutes to cook. So I ate left overs instead. Then I made a new low calorie dessert which was only supposed to take 20 minutes.... at 45, I took it out. Ready or not. It's actually quite tasty, just not exactly right. I followed the recipe though. I don't know what happened.

On the positive side, dinner for tomorrow night is made.

I'm growing some of my bangs out. Oy. What a trauma that is. Sometimes I think it would be easier just to shave it all off and GO ARMY. But then I wouldn't have the joy of being a girly girl. It's not often I'm a girly girl.

On the positive side, the ends will justify the means.

The funny thing about this post, I really wanted to just talk about all the crazy stuff going on in my life right now, but instead, I chose a different direction. I feel better having done so. I'm sure you didn't want to hear me complain about my life. Though, honestly, if I had a TV crew following my life, it would make great TV. Things are always happening to me. I choose just to laugh about it though. Why not have a sense of humor?

Oh, another little piece of news, the sweetest nephew in the whole world is learning to sign (since he's chosen not to speak yet). The smile on his face is priceless, knowing how proud he is of himself. Any moms have suggestions for easy signs to teach him?

No comments: