Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Journey of Vision

“11It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, 12part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone. 13It's in Christ that you, once you heard the truth and believed it (this Message of your salvation), found yourselves home free--signed, sealed, and delivered by the Holy Spirit.” Ephesians 1:11-13 [The Message]

On this journey of purpose, I’m realizing there are certain “rules” one must follow. For starters, I can’t go off walking in my own direction; trying to push something that isn’t meant to be. God clearly has a plan for me, and a purpose for my life [Psalm 139:13-14, Jeremiah 29:11-13]. After all, he “designed me for glorious living”. What more could I want right?

Well, see, there’s this little bitty catch. Did you catch the first sentence, “It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for”? In order to receive the blessings, we must first be intimately in love with our Savior, so that when we hear His voice, we are so in tune that we immediately obey. It’s in that obedience that we find our purpose and vision, because the more we chase after God’s own heart, the more our goals, dreams and desires start to resemble what God wants, not what we want.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

So true, my friend.

I want to know Him and His plans for me so intimately that my stinking way won't matter anymore.