Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What have you done today to make yourself proud?!?

Every Tuesday, I hear The Biggest Loser theme song and I feel as though I can do anything. I see people's lives literally changed before my eyes. I look at them and look at me and say, "Self, you can do this! You can lose weight just like them!" I'm so encouraged to keep on keeping on. There's a skinny girl inside me just waiting to bust out. She's always been inside, but perhaps, it was fear that kept her hidden. I can psycho-analyze myself all I want to, but until I make a conscious decision to change. I'll never change.

It all starts in my mind. If I don't BELIEVE I can do it, then there's no point. Every day, I face the raging battle inside my mind for victory over myself. I know that sounds crazy. But I know that's how Satan gets to me... alway putting me down. Trying to make me feel bad about myself. I'm sad to say, far too often I allow him to get the better of me. But no more. Do you hear me?!?

I choose again this day to CHANGE. Change so that I don't get my family's heredity diseases, such as diabetis. Change so that my body is capable of having children, should God desire to bless me with that gift. Change so that Grant won't be ashamed of me. Change so that once and for all, the person I know is inside me, can burst forth so all the world can see her too. She's an AMAZING chick, but no one ever gives her the time of day, because unfortunately people are far too focued on the outside package. Change. Not for others, but for myself. Change.

What have I done today to make myself proud? I CHOSE to CHANGE yet again today.

No comments: