Thursday, July 9, 2009

tiny VENT!

I'm a little annoyed right now. Why do service-orientated people think the world revolves around them and they can just show up or call at any old time, regardless of the time they previously said they'd show up/call?!?!?

I rearranged my schedule tonight just so I could talk with Merrill Lynch tonight. I asked the Rep what was a good time for HIM to call and I arranged my schedule accordingly. However, that meant I wasn't able to go to the Y tonight; which was my first annoyance. And now, he's nearly 30 minutes late for his phone call. IF he calls, I'm not answering. It's his fault for not calling on time. Am I being completely irrational?!?

On the flip side, I have GREAT news!!! I got a raise today after only being at my new job for four months!!! Isn't that amazing?!! My boss said, "I'm just tickled by your progress and wanted to thank you for your hard work!" Working for SuperMagnetMan has been such a blessing in my life! How great is it to work for someone who appreciates hard work and rewards you accordingly?!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Congratulations on the raise!! I'm glad your job is working out so well for you.

Poet4Him77 said...

Thanks, Stacey! We should do coffee again!? How's school going?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job! And Happy Birthday tomorrow!

Poet4Him77 said...

Thanks, Rebecca! I haven't talked to you in a long time! What are you up to these days?