Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Completely Random

I may love to sing, but I refuse to "tweet". Am I honestly missing out on anything? I think not.

My internet was down for a week and I felt completely out of touch with reality. I sadly had Facebook withdrawls. Luckily, I recovered quickly. I got a lot more accomplished. I started reading again... "Wrapped in Rain" by Charles Martin is my book of choice. I love Charles Martin! If you've never read anything by him before, start with "When Crickets Cry". I wrote my penpals back. Read magazines. Watched a lot of movies. And for the most part, went to bed on time. Hmm. Let this be a lesson to me.

I love summer. I love most everything about it, except the heat. I love how it stays light later. I saw my first lightning bug the other night and just smiled. I remember collecting those when I was a kid. Good times.

I just wrote this huge long introspective paragraph about how I'm feeling... then deleted it.

I washed and scrubbed my car clean on Saturday. It rained Sunday.

I've been pushing myself to new levels when working out. I make it as hard as I can for myself, then work as hard as I can to see what I'm capable of. I'm "running" about a 10:30 mile. What I find to be more impressive, is that my second mile is usually around the same time frame too! My stamina has definitely increased! I'm very proud of myself.

I went with my friend to see "The Proposal" the other night. HILARIOUS! I laughed so hard, I cried. I cracked up during the forrest dance. If you've seen it, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you haven't, then when you do, you'll crack up as well! Grab a friend and go watch this movie!

I'm turning 32 on Sunday!!

My mom asked me to create a website for her; a place for all her famous recipes. It's not much yet, but stay tuned. You're going to find recipes which you'll be using and passing down to your family as well. Go to: http://maryjosdelights.blogspot.com/

I've been trying to teach Grant to tell me he loves me for a while now. I made a tiny breakthrough on Saturday. I said, "Tootie Rudy [that's one of my nicknames for him], do you love me?" He said, "Yes." The day that kid says, "I love you, Aunt Mer." I'm going to be one big puddle. I heart my Toot.

I'm sure I have tons of other things to say... but I really must get to bed. Happy trails, all!

No comments: