Thursday, April 30, 2009

PSYCHE!

On cardio days, I literally wake up telling myself, "Today's a cardio day. You can do it. You can do it." I spend all day, thinking about myself up on the eliptical machine, working my hardest, doing the best that I can. Imagining myself accomplishing my goals. It's a contant reminder ALL day long.

Today was no different. I woke up sore actually, from Body Flow two days ago. So I knew today would be extra important to encourage myself throughout the day. I usually get to a point where I'm super excited to go work out. Oh, I know the pain will come, but boy do I love the high when I'm done. Totally worth it. Plus, setting and reaching new goals is fantastic!!

I think for far too long I've allowed myself to be average, when low and behold, if I put my mind to something, there's no stopping me! Well, I always knew that, but not when it comes to working out. I never thought I'd be a YMCA rat. Or as my friend calls me a "Yazi". (Get it?)

Anyway, back to me geering up for tonight's cardio work out. You see, to my complete shock and utter amazement, I did a 10-minute mile on Monday. I wasn't sure 'how' good that was until I asked my runner friend how quickly she runs a mile... usually between 9-10 minutes she said. Holy smokes! So, my 10-minute mile was fantastic for me!!

I wanted a repeat performance tonight... I knew I could do it and I was ready.... one slight problem, I packed my gym bag last night right before bed and I was exhausted. I forgot to pack a key and vital part of my clothes... my sports bra. Sad! So instead, I could only lift weights tonight. I pushed myself to do more than I thought I could. I breathed through the pain and did a little more. I ended up lifting 15,780 pounds total. Crazy, huh?

I'm proud of myself.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yazi—that's great! I'm glad you were able to enjoy your evening, even though things didn't go as planned. Good job!

Poet4Him77 said...

Thanks! Aren't you proud?

Stacey said...

I am proud!!