Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Capture the Moment

“The path of right-living people is level. The Leveler evens the road for the right-living. We're in no hurry, God. We're content to linger in the path sign-posted with your decisions. Who you are and what you've done are all we'll ever want. Through the night my soul longs for you. Deep from within me my spirit reaches out to you. When your decisions are on public display, everyone learns how to live right. If the wicked are shown grace, they don't seem to get it. In the land of right living, they persist in wrong living, blind to the splendor of God.” Isaiah 26:7-9 [The Message]

I went to a worship concert the other night, featuring Daniel Bashta and Jason Morant, two very talents musicians. I was expecting God to show up and create an amazing atmosphere of people who are in love with and on fire for Him; I wasn’t disappointed! It took me a little bit to let go of everything, get in the right frame of mind, and worship Him with open abandon… and adoration. But once I did, whew, it was like a rock concert in Heaven! Everyone was jumping up and down, singing at the top of our lungs! I would have been completely content to continue like that for hours more. How awesome would be to capture a moment like that and sell it in a bottle? Well, guess what my friends, you ARE that “bottle”, that is, if you think of yourself as a light instead.

Matthew 5:14-16 says, "Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven. [Message translation]”

No comments: