Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 2 Day 1

I had an interesting weekend.  They're never as long as they need to be to recover from the week, but I'm thankful for having weekends off.  At different times in my life, I wasn't so blessed.  Friday night, Jason and I went to one of our favorite hang out places in Montevallo called Eclipse Coffee.  They have a great menu and so we tend to overeat.  But this time, we only ordered one thing at a time and shared while playing games.  We found that we really didn't need so much food (Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Tuna Fish sandwich and pretzels).  Good for us.  They also serve the most amazing peanut butter chocolate milkshake!  I'd been thinking about it all night.  Wrestling with whether I should get one or not.  I had been so good all week and hadn't had any sweets.  Oh, it was calling my name!  I finally decided it was OK.... and.... they were out of ice cream!  Noooooooo!  So my craving went unfulfilled but my waste line didn't increase.

Saturday, I headed to Sybil's Stoneycreek Farm with some close girlfriends to have a farewell luncheon for our good friend CPH.  Her husband is in the Navy and they are being transferred to Virginia.  Sybil was a fabulous host as always; excellent food, great company.  It was fun to hang out with one another, chasing after little ones, taking pictures and just generally enjoying the day.  All the while, remembering that at the end, I'll have to say goodbye to my friend.  We've been friends for 10+ years.  Hard to believe.  I still remember the day we met.... Thanks D$ for introducing a life long friendship.

After our tearful goodbye, I raced home as I needed to make a dessert for the game night my friend was hosting.  I had the idea to make it a special St. Patrick's Day dessert, in that I used hidden green things.  I wasn't sure people would go for it, but everyone loved the creativity.  After dinner, we played Telestrations, which is the visual equivalent of the classic school-yard game "telephone." It's a fun-filled sketching game in which everyone's attempts at "art" can turn hilarious. The game starts with a secret word that is passed from player to player. As the word is sketched, interpreted, and then sketched again, it undergoes a visual transformation that will surprise and delight everyone.  We laughed and laughed and laughed.  Love that game.
 
Sunday, I met Jason at church.  Wow, what an incredible service!  I could write a whole blog about the lesson and maybe should.  It was powerful and touched many.  After church, we were supposed to go to McWayne's, but I had a massive allergy attack!  I couldn't quit sneezing and my head was killing me and I felt so sick.  It came on so sudden and unfortunately will last until there's a good rainstorm to wash all the pollen away.  I have a tolerate/hate relationship with spring.  I hate that it got in the way of our fun day.  Oh well, we both had a nap instead and watched a movie.
 
 Which leads me to Week 2 Day 1 of waking up early to workout.  Nothing exciting to report, really.  We did Dance Praise, which my knees and hips will be screaming at me later, if they aren't already.  We laugh the whole time though, so that's a lot of fun.  We need more cardio in our workout though.  We either need to make time to go back to the gym for a little bit or get out and walk or something.  Personally, I'm going to avoid going outside at all costs during this season.

I ordered Bob Harper's (from The Biggest Loser) Inside Out Method DVDs the other day for only $20!!  I know Bob and he's going to kick our tail, but that's exactly what we need.  I can't wait for those to arrive to kick start our workout routine.  We've also talked about doing Turbo Fire too.  I think it looks like a lot of fun but hard work too.  My friend has done it and seen amazing results.  We'll see... 

OK, I feel like I'm just rambling, so I'm going to go get ready for work.  Have a great day all!

No comments: