Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 1 1/2

Bright and early: Day Two. That's what happens when one goes to bed at 930. Oh, but I so needed the rest. Ten glorious hours. I'm staying with a precious couple from Refuge. I felt bad last night as I don't think I was very friendly with anyone. I was on the verge of tears from pure exhaustion. I think everyone understood though.

Today is our only day to sleep in and I woke up at the crack of dawn. Ironic if you ask me. But I'm enjoying just lazying around (as my nephew would say) for a bit. In all our crazy travel time yesterday, Sybil was able to procure a spot to do the children's backyard Bible club! PTL! Answer to prayer! Melita and Janelle were a HUGE help to Sybil as well! They helped to a lot of the leg work as well, so we expecting a big crowd of kids. Hoping 4 adults will be enough to spread around. Praying the parents of the kids come as well, so they hear the good news as well.

Despite exhaustion, yesterday really was an amazing day! My JP rode in a plane for the first time and loved it! I often looked over at him and his mouth was wide open while he starred out the window.

We had many methods of transportation to get us to Suquamish: car. Feet. Airport tram. Plane. Feet. Link. Feet. Ferry.Shuttle. Car again. Whew.

Upon immediate arrival, we were wished away to the Love's house for a cookout. The whole gang was there. My host family as well as Holly and her husband Don. Precious, precious people. We had a sweet time of dinner and prayer. I must admit, I think I nodded off at some point. Soo sleepy!! I'm thankful for these dear families who have literally been prayed for and over the last 14 years! They are a direct answer to our prayers!!! I can't wait to see what God has up His sleeve!!

Thanks to everyone for your prayers! We have felt them already. I look forward to sharing more good stories in the days to come!

Happy trails!

No comments: