Monday, November 16, 2009

Eye Spy Something Supercilious*

When I got a computer again, I gave myself the challenge to write a post each day.  You wouldn't think it would be that hard, but some days are challenging; like today.  When nothing out of the ordinary happens or worth talking about occurs.  What's a girl to do?  How about make fun of myself? 

You see, I'm a goofy-goober. I know that. We all know that. I do stupid things all the time and sometimes I even tell others about them.  Actually, I talk about my follies a lot, but I'm a writer; it happens. 

My tongue has hurt all day long.  It feels like I burned it, but I don't remember eating anything hot today.  I couldn't figure it out until I was eating a Dorito a moment ago and then I realized what happened!  I like to lick off the seasoning of the chip before eating it; weird, I know.  This repetitive motion is the culprit!  Sad but true.  Thus solves the case of the 'burnt' tongue.



*Supercilious actually means: "haughtily disdainful or contemptuous, as a person or a facial expression", which has nothing at all to do with my post.  I just like that word.  It sounds like it should have a "silly" definition, but alas it's actually quite ironic.

No comments: