Saturday, April 11, 2009

Secret Ambition



I've purposefully only watched "The Passion of the Christ" once. I saw it when it first came out in the theaters. I knew I would bawl and be less likely if I saw it in a room full of strangers. I remember wondering how in the world people could be eating popcorn, knowing what was about to happen. Maybe they didn't know what King Jesus endured to save our lives?

Nobody knew His secret ambition
Nobody knew His claim to fame
He broke the old rules steeped in tradition
He tore the Holy Veil away
Questioning those in powerful position
Running to those who called His name
(But) Nobody knew His secret ambition
Was to give His life away

It saddens me to say this, but I often only think of the resurrection during Easter. Honestly, it's just too hard any other time. As if my discomfort should matter when my Jesus suffered like he did. What a selfish girl I am! Too caught up within my own reality and quickly forget what HE did to save my life!

We are healed by Your sacrifice
And the life that You gave
We are healed for You paid the price
By Your grace we are saved
We are saved

He was pierced for our transgressions
He was crushed for our sins
The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him
And by His wounds, by His wounds we are healed
And by His wounds, by His wounds

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus


Nobody knew His secret ambition... was to give His life away!

No comments: